Friday, December 2, 2011

Don't try to do too much at once! This is my new credo.

I am setting here in my new house, amidst boxes, packing rubbish, and my entertainment centre trying to think of my next task. Somewhat unsurprisingly I don't know which task to start first...

Let's see, the sun is shining so I could get a load of laundry done. Or I could start bringing more bedroom things over from the old place. Or I could go get some laundry pegs so I could actually do the laundry. Or I could go buy a nail pulling tool to start taking the old bookcases apart. ARRRRRRGGGGHHHHH!!!!

See what I mean? Too many irons in the fire and you just get confused and start dithering.

Life is a lot like moving house. If you don't set up a definite plan you get bogged down with direction loss and task floundering. It's okay to do the old "one step forward, two steps back" drill if you're still following your plan.

In the mean time, I've got my games consoles and my daughter to keep me entertained on the old Kinect. Oh and the hoover to clean my dishevelled house!

No comments:

Post a Comment